Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mom Guilt

Okay so today has been filled with "Mom Guilt"  Does anyone else suffer from this horrible disease???

Oh good, I'm not the only one!  Sure does feel like it at times.

There has been at least 15 times today that I have felt guilty but let me just give you a couple of examples.

Let's start with the beginning...I wake up and realize that at some point during the night my 4 year old has snuck into bed to sleep with me, and now I am awoken to her whimpering (not really crying because she honestly never even woke up).  Well anyways, she had rolled out of bed and hit her head, arm, should, hand, pretty much her whole upper body on my night table.  So here is where the guilt kicks in...I should have realized that she was in bed with me.  I should have anticipated that she may roll out of my bed being that it sits pretty high up. 

Alright ready for more "Mom Guilt" from just today mind you??  My sixteen year old daughter has had her license and car for just over 1 week.  Well today she parked in the garage and needed to get out.  No big deal right???  Well actually it turned into one.  She had a car parked behind her and a garbage can on the other side of her.  So she is backing out and turns the wheel to avoid hitting one and almost hits the other.  Whose fault is this???  Well mine of course (my words not hers).  I once again should have anticipated that it was going to be a tighter fit than she was comfortable with and either helped guide her, or just backed the dang car out for her.  She handled it better than expected however, I could tell that it was her first (of many) close calls while driving, which is upsetting.

So as far as the "Mom Guilt" goes I sure wish I could have super powers...super human strength, seeing the future, changing the past, invisibility...  Well the list could go on and on but you get the point.

I guess maybe after all as Mother's we do have a very special super power...the power to comfort and love our kids like no one else in the world.  And I truly hope with everything I have that I do that every single time they feel like they need it.



1 comments:

dkdart1619 said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! I feel the same way and I felt the same every time I had to take Christopher to the hospital because he somehow managed to break his same arm twice while on my watch...luckily the 3rd time happened at school...not lucky, but ya know. We can guide our kids and teach them right and wrong, but some times the best teacher is letting them learn the hard way....or so I have been told! Your a great mom and your kids are great and I KNOW for a fact they feel that way-)

Post a Comment

© 2011 WHAT NOW????
all rights reserved.
blog design by minx design