Wednesday, August 17, 2011

10 Lessons


Alright I am going to attempt to conquer one of Mama Kat's writing prompts this week!!!

Here it is...

10 Lessons your child could teach you.

Since I have 2 daughters I may alternate back and forth because as you may know they think I am quite possibly the stupidest human in the world at times.

1.  Patience - my younger daughter has more patience than my older one, however they both have way more patience than I could ever hope to have.

2.  Persistence - they are both like animals when they get an idea into their head they will not let go!!!

3. Money Saving Tips - neither one will spend a penny of their money (but they will spend mine very freely)

4. How to stop and enjoy the moment - Kids grow fast, too fast.  I need to be reminded to stop and enjoy them.

5. How to stop worry all the time about everything - My kids have no worries (exactly how it should be for kids) but watching them enjoy something big or small reminds me that my life is pretty darn good.

6. Selflessness - my girls have taught me that it is no longer about me and my wants (or needs).  I would do anything to make sure my kids are taken care of, and have every they want.  When I was younger I never wanted kids, mainly because I was too selfish, but now I can't imagine a life without my girls.  They are my world and I love that I have them.  I wouldn't go back to my selfish ways for anything.

7. Cleaning - it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a completely clean house when you have children.  Don't even waster your time trying.  Pick up as you go and get someone to take them occasionally so that you can really clean.  Otherwise you are wasting you time and energy, because as soon as you clean one area there will be children waiting to mess it right back up.

8. No matter how hard you try at some point you will become "one of those parents".  Your children will act up when you don't want them to.  Your children will embarrass you at some point.  Your child will say something that will mortify you.  Your child will do all of these things, and you just have to deal with it. I never thought I would become "that mom" however, it has happened on many occasions.

9. Noise Levels - It never fails that when you sit down to watch something on television that you want, is the exact moment your child will decide to pick up the loudest toy they own and play with it right next to you.  They will also decide to scream, sing, or anything else that will make it impossible for you to watch, focus, or enjoy anything that doesn't give them your full and complete attention.

10. L-O-V-E my kids have taught me the meaning of true unconditional love.  Not only how much I love them but how much they love me.  A child's love for their parents is the most amazing feeling, they don't care what you have or what you can give them, they just want to be loved.  I don't think I could love my girls anymore than I already do, but then something happens and my heart gets bigger and I realize that my love for them will always fill my heart no matter how big it gets.

My girls have taught me many more lessons but these were the 10 that came to mind.  I would love to hear what you have learned from your kids.

And here they are the loves of my life my amazing girls.




1 comments:

amygrew said...

Great list!! I was thinking of doing this one too...

Post a Comment

© 2011 WHAT NOW????
all rights reserved.
blog design by minx design